Stanmore College and West Herts College have announced their intention to merge.
Download the proposal here >>
“Great scenes of jubilation took place at Stanmore College on Friday, 27th January. Individual students learned a valuable lesson in life; that hard work and determination really does pay off and this will enable them to progress and achieve excellent results in the summer. My congratulations go to all of the students concerned and I also want to thank all of the staff who have played a key role in helping them achieve these fantastic results.” Sarbdip Noonan, Principal.
Stanmore College arranged the 'Grand In Your Hand' (GIYH) initiative to reward students of the College that are showing excellent attendance and hard work in their study programmes. Strict eligibility criteria must be met before the students qualify, including above 90% attendance in all of their study programme, including English and maths lessons. The main reward that students receive is a laptop that is for them to keep. This will help them in their current and future studies and we hope that it will support them to be successful in their careers. Other rewards that students benefit from include free membership of the College's gym, free breakfast/lunch and free software for their new laptop.
The first 54, of in the region of 300 eligible students, attended the celebratory awards’ event in the Social Learning Centre at the College where Principal, Sarbdip Noonan, congratulated each student individually, presenting each one with a Certificate for excellent attendance and a mini laptop. Among the students were Roopa Shah and Durga Jagdish (100% attendance), Noor Al-Jabery (99.6%), Charlotte Phillips, Reema Rajani, Bijay Thapa and Christyn Owusu (99.5%), Natalia-Loredana Cata (99.2%), Siddika Rashid (99%), Rishal Patel (98.9%), Hiren Raichura and Amal Al Onaizi (98.8%) and the remainder were closely behind.
Comments received from the deservedly proud students included “I have gained many skills in this great College and many friends, this College has given me opportunities I never found possible”, “It’s a great College, really makes the students proud when they do well”, “amazing - rewarding students for their hard work”, “Very happy that I have this opportunity with the use of a laptop to help with my work!”, “amazing experience, good learning environment”, “the College is very helpful”, “got a free laptop for excellent attendance - it was amazing!”, “very happy” and “the teachers are really nice and they meet students’ needs”.
The Principal, governors and staff of Stanmore College are extremely proud of the students and offer their heartiest congratulations to those who have shown such excellence. The good news is, for those students who haven’t achieved such high attendance and behaviour, the ‘Grand In Your Hand’ incentive has been extended to motivate them to improve and they will have until Easter 2017 to meet the criteria.
Our new 2017-18 Prospectus for 16-18 year olds is now available for you to view.
Choosing the right place to study and spend the next few years of your life is an important decision. Whatever route you’re preparing to take, Stanmore College will provide high quality teaching and support to get you there.
The College offers a wide range of full-time courses with a healthy mix of learning and skills training; preparing students both for employment and university study.
Our new prospectus features:
>> How we’re investing in our students through upgraded facilities and outstanding support
>> Vocational study programmes
>> GCSE retake package
>> ESOL Plus study programme
>> Ten reasons to choose Stanmore College
>> Enrichment activities
Growing your Business Potential
Stanmore College - Employers’ Forum Invitation
The Principal, governors and staff cordially invite you to join us from 5.30–8.00pm on Wednesday, 16 November 2016.
This year’s event, Growing your Business Potential, addresses the advantages of sourcing local funding and talent to add value to your business now and for a post-Brexit Britain. This event will include information on NHS tender opportunities and local funding streams and guidance on how to grow and develop your business in addition to networking opportunities.
Harrow’s economy, trends, sectors and how the Council is supporting local businesses.
Mark Billington, Head of Economic Development and Enterprise, London Borough of Harrow.
Harnessing local talent and upskilling existing staff with assistance from Stanmore College.
Sylvester Lennon, West London District Manager, Harrow Jobcentre Plus.
Public Sector Focus: Northwick Park Hospital – Tender Opportunities.
Goretti Dowdican-McAndrew, Head of Education Department.
Private Sector Focus: Red E Limited.
Matthew Black, Serial Entrepreneur.
Complimentary drinks & canapés will be available on the night.
Congratulations to Sophie Morson who was the winner of the ‘Best Poster Presentation’ at this year’s Paediatric Awards For Training Achievements (PAFTA's).
A PAFTA recognises the unsung heroes in this sector who go the extra mile for their patients and colleagues, and individuals are nominated by their peers as deserving appreciation of their efforts.
Sophie was in a competitive category which included 28 other nominees but she beat the competition with her poster shown in this article’s image.
Sophie’s poster is targeted at children and help communicates what can be a daunting experience in a playful manner through the use of Lego.
Well done to Sophie who received a certificate for her work.
- Stanmore College and West Herts College: merger proposal
- Hard work pays off – jubilation at Stanmore College!
- NEW Stanmore College Prospectus 2017-18
- Growing your Business Potential
- Stanmore HE student wins PAFTA Award
- AAT Professional Diploma in Accounting
- Courses for Businesses and Individuals
- Students achieve 100%
- Stanmore students visit BBC Radio
- Stanmore College teacher wins best tutor award
- Paediatric First Aid Courses
- Creative Industries Exhibition
- Classroom Technology Workshops
- Choosing a career? Thought about working in the NHS?
- Students well-informed of careers in the NHS
- Stanmore College sports teacher helps the Leicester of Asia
- Art and design students at Harrow Arts Centre
- Open Evening raffle winner collected his £100 One4All gift card!
- Screening of Student Films produced as part of BFI Film Academy delivered by Eastside
- Chelsea's Choice – Raising Awareness
- A Short Statement on Ofsted
- Stanmore College students visit Sky Academy Lab
- Skills for care event at Stanmore College
- Stanmore College students try out new Nike football boots
- Stanmore College students inspired by BBC producer
- Stanmore College A Level Results
- Success at Stanmore – Exam Results
- Northwick Park Hospital gets a Lift!
- Stanmore College achieves 100% pass rate in its newly introduced Childcare and Education qualification
- 1346 Visitors Relish the Big Bang at Stanmore
- Stanmore College teacher helps Guam achieve historic wins in world cup qualifying campaign
- Art Exhibition Private Viewing on 17th of June
- Former Stanmore dance student performs at sculpture unveiling
- Students' work presented at BFI Southbank
- New initiative with the Homeless FA and Sports Leaders UK
- Creamer – the answer to Guam's international calling
- Business Students attend Harrows Business Den
- Wealdstone Scholarship Football Trials
- Hundreds attend the careers fair at Stanmore College
- Stanmore students awarded precious silver arts award
- Kazzum Retold Online
- Comedian Humza Arshad discusses anti-extremism with students
- Dragons' Den comes to Stanmore College – manufacturing company challenges students
- From Downing Street to Stanmore, continuing success of the Creative Industries
- Prime Minister's Office, Downing Street welcomes Stanmore Media Students
- Stanmore College students develop vital employability skills with the Prepare for Work programme
- Vocational study programmes
- New A Level Study Programmes
- Nick Boles MP interrogated by astute Stanmore students
- Ronan McManus at Stanmore College
- A-level combinations unlocked: what should students study?
- Former Stanmore Media Students Win Film Award
- Stanmore students' professional film-making skills secure awards with Film Academy
- Stanmore College through to the semi-finals of the ESFA national cup
- Why employers / universities can get cream of the crop from Stanmore College
- Students Kiss it Better
- Students’ artwork to be launched at Northwick Park hospital
- Theatre group challenges perceptions on choices students make
- Stanmore College – a partner at the forefront in ‘The Digital Colleges programme’
- Watford Football Club’s Head Coach inspires Stanmore students
- Student’s artwork to cover new A&E ward