Our new 2017-18 Prospectus for 16-18 year olds is now available for you to view.
Choosing the right place to study and spend the next few years of your life is an important decision. Whatever route you’re preparing to take, Stanmore College will provide high quality teaching and support to get you there.
The College offers a wide range of full-time courses with a healthy mix of learning and skills training; preparing students both for employment and university study.
Our new prospectus features:
>> How we’re investing in our students through upgraded facilities and outstanding support
>> Vocational study programmes
>> GCSE retake package
>> ESOL Plus study programme
>> Ten reasons to choose Stanmore College
>> Enrichment activities
Growing your Business Potential
Stanmore College - Employers’ Forum Invitation
The Principal, governors and staff cordially invite you to join us from 5.30–8.00pm on Wednesday, 16 November 2016.
This year’s event, Growing your Business Potential, addresses the advantages of sourcing local funding and talent to add value to your business now and for a post-Brexit Britain. This event will include information on NHS tender opportunities and local funding streams and guidance on how to grow and develop your business in addition to networking opportunities.
Harrow’s economy, trends, sectors and how the Council is supporting local businesses.
Mark Billington, Head of Economic Development and Enterprise, London Borough of Harrow.
Harnessing local talent and upskilling existing staff with assistance from Stanmore College.
Sylvester Lennon, West London District Manager, Harrow Jobcentre Plus.
Public Sector Focus: Northwick Park Hospital – Tender Opportunities.
Goretti Dowdican-McAndrew, Head of Education Department.
Private Sector Focus: Red E Limited.
Matthew Black, Serial Entrepreneur.
Complimentary drinks & canapés will be available on the night.
Congratulations to Sophie Morson who was the winner of the ‘Best Poster Presentation’ at this year’s Paediatric Awards For Training Achievements (PAFTA's).
A PAFTA recognises the unsung heroes in this sector who go the extra mile for their patients and colleagues, and individuals are nominated by their peers as deserving appreciation of their efforts.
Sophie was in a competitive category which included 28 other nominees but she beat the competition with her poster shown in this article’s image.
Sophie’s poster is targeted at children and help communicates what can be a daunting experience in a playful manner through the use of Lego.
Well done to Sophie who received a certificate for her work.
Want to get a qualification from the UK’s leading qualification and membership body for vocational accountants, the AAT?
Our new Level 4 AAT Professional Diploma in Accounting is the course for you. With AAT you’re in the right hands, whether you want to move up the ladder or launch a whole new career in accountancy.
AAT qualifications equip you with the expertise and confidence to succeed and every year 70,000 people discover the value of an AAT finance qualification.
Starting on 8 October, this course is delivered by Stanmore College on weekends and is based on practical, real-life knowledge that can be put to use from day one.
This flexible course takes place on weekends so it’s easy to fit learning around your life.
Stanmore College has just released a range of new FREE and low-cost courses for businesses and individuals.
These courses are run throughout the 2016-17 Academic year and offer the perfect opportunity for businesses looking to upskill staff and add new skills or individuals looking to develop their skills to help find employment or progress in their career.
>> Pre-Entry ESOL Entry 1 - Entry 3
>> Functional Skills Maths Entry 2 - 3
>> Basic IT
>> Stress Management
>> Financial Literature & Family Budgeting
>> Healthy Food Habits & Wellbeing
>> Employability Skills & CV Workshop
>> First Aid at Work
>> Health & Safety at Work
>> Excel for Work
>> Setting-up Your Own Online Enterprise (eBay, Amazon etc.)
>> Introduction to Project Management
>> Paediatric First Aid
>> Business Start-up
>> Award in Computerised Payroll for Business – Level 1
>> Award in Computerised Accounting for Business – Level 1
- NEW Stanmore College Prospectus 2017-18
- Growing your Business Potential
- Stanmore HE student wins PAFTA Award
- AAT Professional Diploma in Accounting
- Courses for Businesses and Individuals
- Students achieve 100%
- Stanmore students visit BBC Radio
- Stanmore College teacher wins best tutor award
- Paediatric First Aid Courses
- Creative Industries Exhibition
- Classroom Technology Workshops
- Choosing a career? Thought about working in the NHS?
- Students well-informed of careers in the NHS
- Stanmore College sports teacher helps the Leicester of Asia
- Art and design students at Harrow Arts Centre
- Open Evening raffle winner collected his £100 One4All gift card!
- Screening of Student Films produced as part of BFI Film Academy delivered by Eastside
- Chelsea's Choice – Raising Awareness
- A Short Statement on Ofsted
- Stanmore College students visit Sky Academy Lab
- Skills for care event at Stanmore College
- Stanmore College students try out new Nike football boots
- Stanmore College students inspired by BBC producer
- Stanmore College A Level Results
- Success at Stanmore – Exam Results
- Northwick Park Hospital gets a Lift!
- Stanmore College achieves 100% pass rate in its newly introduced Childcare and Education qualification
- 1346 Visitors Relish the Big Bang at Stanmore
- Stanmore College teacher helps Guam achieve historic wins in world cup qualifying campaign
- Art Exhibition Private Viewing on 17th of June
- Former Stanmore dance student performs at sculpture unveiling
- Students' work presented at BFI Southbank
- New initiative with the Homeless FA and Sports Leaders UK
- Creamer – the answer to Guam's international calling
- Business Students attend Harrows Business Den
- Wealdstone Scholarship Football Trials
- Hundreds attend the careers fair at Stanmore College
- Stanmore students awarded precious silver arts award
- Kazzum Retold Online
- Comedian Humza Arshad discusses anti-extremism with students
- Dragons' Den comes to Stanmore College – manufacturing company challenges students
- From Downing Street to Stanmore, continuing success of the Creative Industries
- Prime Minister's Office, Downing Street welcomes Stanmore Media Students
- Stanmore College students develop vital employability skills with the Prepare for Work programme
- Vocational study programmes
- New A Level Study Programmes
- Nick Boles MP interrogated by astute Stanmore students
- Ronan McManus at Stanmore College
- A-level combinations unlocked: what should students study?
- Former Stanmore Media Students Win Film Award
- Stanmore students' professional film-making skills secure awards with Film Academy
- Stanmore College through to the semi-finals of the ESFA national cup
- Why employers / universities can get cream of the crop from Stanmore College
- Students Kiss it Better
- Students’ artwork to be launched at Northwick Park hospital
- Theatre group challenges perceptions on choices students make
- Stanmore College – a partner at the forefront in ‘The Digital Colleges programme’
- Watford Football Club’s Head Coach inspires Stanmore students
- Student’s artwork to cover new A&E ward