What is the course about?
This qualification is designed to help learners build the knowledge and skills needed when working under supervision with children and young people from birth to 19 years of age. It covers a diverse range of job roles and occupational areas working in childrens' settings including early years and social care.
Course code: SCLUC-6L2AB
|Start Date||End Date||Duration||Times||Location||Type||Days|
|Sep 2017||Jun 2018||32 Weeks||TBC||Stanmore College Main Site||Full Time||TBC|
- At least 1 days work/voluntary work in an early years setting (6 hours)
- Level 1 literacy
- Clear DBS (CRB) check
- Letter to confirm employment/voluntary work from employer required
What can it lead to?
Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator)
Type of job roles you can apply for on completion:
- Assistant Pre-school workers
- Assistant in Childrens' Centres
- Assistant in Day Nurseries, Nursery schools and Nursery classes
What are the course outcomes?
- To gain knowledge and practice of working in an early years setting
- To develop competent communication skills with parents, staff and children
- To identify and incorporate the EYFS
-To promote Every Child Matters including safeguarding and healthy eating
How will you be assessed?
It will be assessed by your tutor or assessor using a range of methods. This could include direct observation in the workplace, a portfolio of evidence, written assignments or a task set by CACHE.
The qualification will be pass or refer and all the assessment criteria of the chosen units must be achieved in order to obtain a pass.
Is there an interview?